Ah – finally! We’ve moved on! DeRosa sadness is still there, but I’ll work on that.
It’s back to get into listing! I kinda drifted from my listing ways last year…sort of by circumstance, sort of by choice. I wanted to see how I did/functioned without lists. It was weird and strange and I felt fluttery and had to eat my emotions and forgot things like toothpaste when I stopped by Target.
I don’t know how you feel about goals. But here’s my general Goal Planning Approach.
1. Get yourself a new notebook.
2. Get a nice, new, pretty pen.
3. Sit by yourself for a while. Review last year. Jot down any big plans for this year. (I.E. “Trip to Hawaii – November.”) (Wow, can I be your friend??)
4. On the next page write down four headings: Spiritual, Intellectual, Emotional and Physical.
5. Under each heading write down two to five general, long-term (you set time limit) goals.
6. Now, for each of those goals, write down specifics having to do with those goals. How are you going to accomplish that goal? What steps do you need to take to get those done?
7. Ahhh… close your notebook. If you want, have a friend or relative read the goals so you know that someone else knows what you’re working toward! Or so they know to start packing for Hawaii.
I’m not telling you what to do. I just listed those out so you know how I come about with my goals. Next post, I’ll share some of my goals with you. Not all (I don’t write about spiritual goals because well, it seems odd.), but most of them I’ll share.
Do you write out goals for the New Year? Do you ever write goals? Are you going to Hawaii? Can I come?