Here is 6yo’s list of Things to Do With Mommy (I tried to offer as little guidance as possible, so the kids would come up with their own ideas. I did have to nix “Go to Disney World.”)
1. Go shopping and each spend $5 on ourselves.
2. Take a hike in the woods.
3. Go to McDonald’s and play in the Playplace.
4. Make chocolate chip cookies.
5. Go to the Field Museum.
6. Go to Chili’s and get the pizza.
7. Go to Petland and see every single animal there, then get a milkshake.
8. Go to a donut shop on a chilly morning.
9. Go miniature golfing.
10. Go see a play.
11. Go horseback riding.