Top Five Reasons to Still Be My Friend Even Though THIS Is On My Kitchen Counter:
1. I read it because my friend told me to. And, yes, I would jump off a bridge if she told me to.
2. I didn’t pay money for it. I borrowed it from the library.
3. Okay, so I had to go into the computer, put it on my Request Item List on my account at the library and then had to wait three months for other people to finish it and then had to go pick it up and check it out – which was, like, the most embarrassing moment of my library life… but still, the only people who knew this was the Mean Library Checkout Man and the students “studying” there. Nobody else will know you are friends with someone who went to that trouble to get that book.
4. Yes, I admit to watching my fair share of Bevery Hills 90210. Mainly after I had my first child and suddenly found myself at home, with no stressful full-time job to go to and a baby that slept all morning. But you can still be my friend, because after my second child, I never watched daytime television ever again.
5. I only spent three hours reading it. And if you had called during those three hours, I would have ignored the phone been right there for ya.