Just to catch you up, here are 8 Things I’ve Done in the past few days… I like to call them “Accomplishments,” because that makes it seem like I’ve actually done something!
1. Read another book on George Washington. This one was a kid’s chapter book called George Washington; The Man Who Would Not Be King. And this is maybe the number one important thing to remember about Washington; he did not get power-hungry. Think about the consequences, and think about how many people DO get power-hungry.
2. Had friends over and grilled steak and potatoes, garlic bread and the jalapenos (recipe follows). Yum!
3. Made a new recipe, which you must try: Take jalapeno peppers, cut them in half lengthwise – remove the seeds with a spoon (this is where a lot of the pepper’s heat is). With a spoon, fill the jalapenos with cream cheese. Then take bacon, cut it into thirds, wrap one of the little bacon strip thingys around the jalapeno, insert a toothpick to hold it together. I then put foil on the grill, put the jalapenos on top and let them grill for a while – removing them when the bacon was done.
4. Went to a fondue restaurant with a friend. How can I describe this wonderful place? Melty Wisconsin Cheese Trio for the appetizer, a wonderful salad, sirloin and shrimp to dip in a Coq Au Vin broth, and for dessert Chocolate S’mores; “milk chocolate fondue topped with marshmallow cream, flambeed to toast the marshmallow and then garnished with crushed graham crackers.”
5. Changed some diapers.
6. Cleaned up about 234,035 toys, beads, and milk spills.
7. Tried eating nothing but fruit for a day. Uh… yeah.
8. Drove my girls to an art camp they’re going to. They’re very excited because 5yo is old enough to go along with 7yo this year! It’s always fun to be the older, wiser one to lead the way. I should know. Heh Heh.