Ten Things I Love About Fall:
1. Wearing my favorite old, tattered sweatshirt from the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum. I only wear it when I’m feeling like a, well, a Great Lakes Shipwreck. But it wraps me in its loving arms and holds me close and never lets me go.
2. Watching the Cubs in the postseason!
3. Open windows.
4. Sound and smell of a cold rain on a chilly, breezy day.
5. Making Confederate Bean Soup. Smells so good, you wouldn’t believe it. My friend Don endeared himself to me forever when he told me he liked my bean soup better than the restaurant’s. (Those are the kinds of things we should tell each other. It will make the world a better place. )
6. Curling up with my mocha and my SuperBoy and my SuperGirls and reading a book. Right now we’re reading “Strawberry Girl.”
7. The decorations. I always drift toward greens and reds for decorating and real, natural wood (not painted!). So obviously, fall colors accent those beautifully.
8. Apple crisp. Mr MIP was once forced by his grandma to finish his plate of Apple Crisp. Ever since then he will not eat mushy, baked fruit. So, yeah, it’s really sad when I have to eat the whole thing of Apple Crisp by myself. Terrible. (My grandmas never forced me to eat anything I didn’t like. XOXO)
9. It’s almost time for Christmas music! George Winston’s December is THE BEST album to listen to from October 1 through December 31. Please check it out from your library or buy it on iTunes… anything! Get your hands on it.
10. Signing up for my next 5K. Oh yeah, the fire is lit and I have something to prove now.