These are a few of my favorite things:
1. New notebooks. New pens. I love office supply stores.
2. Looking through catalogs.
3. Playing the piano. At home, I play a lot of classical music (because that’s what I was taught in my lessons!) and ragtime music (because that was what I was not taught in my lessons, and wanted to learn!). The kids dance around the living room while I play.
4. Cooking. Not baking. Cooking. In my brand new cobalt blue Rachael Ray pans.
5. A day when I don’t have to leave the house.
6. A nice XL Super Duper Box from Amazon.com from Brother Jeff.
7. Researching. (Any school aptitude tests I took always said I should be a research librarian or teacher.)
8. Coming across an author that has at least ten books out so I can devour them one after the other. My two latest: Lynn Austin (Christian novels, nice, easy reading) and Anya Seton.
10. The Rabbit Ears audio book version of The Steadfast Tin Soldier with music by Mark Isham. It makes me cry every time I hear it. Look for it online -it’s a bit hard to find. We were lucky enough to find the cd at a library sale. A re-release is due October 2007. I highly recommend this.