When the kids and I got to Grandma and Grandpa’s house, we did what we always do: we made a list! And we accomplished everything on it. Here is a small sampling of what we did this week:
1. We spent some time with our Aunt and Uncle who returned to Nigeria this past Thursday. Their five children are all old enough to be “on their own,” so this is the first time they’ve returned without them. What a great family – I’m honored to be related through marriage to them. They’re so cool that when my kids say, “let’s all sit in the window,” not one of them balks at the idea or acts like it’s a crazy request!
2. We went swimming every day in The Pool.
3. Crafted with Grandma. Grandma is a great artist, and she has infinite loads of patience with kids holding paintbrushes. Okay, maybe not infinite loads, but loads more than I do! She even taught me a new craft. One I can’t divulge, because it might involve Christmas gifting.
4. We visited Costco and the delicious veggie stand to load up on corn on the cob and green beans. I love the Midwest!
5. We visited the beach and dug in the sand.
6. We decorated for Grandpa’s birthday and frosted cupcakes for when he got home from his business trip.
7. Did I mention that we swam?
And as a bonus we met the Paleontologist who lives on their street! I am so excited to say that I know a paleontologist. Really. I am. And his wife knows a ton about ancient history. That’s so cool.