Just to keep it real around here – I will now share a little memory (or “membry” as SuperBoy refers to them) of How I Almost Burned Down Everything
I do the grilling around here and usually successfully pull off such treats as pork chops and chicken and even jalapeno poppers (jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with bacon – so good). Anyway, last Friday night I was going to make BBQ Chicken Drumsticks – definitely a kid favorite around here. So I started the grill and then went inside to do laundry play a round of Wordtwist. Meanwhile, the grill heated up way too high and I could see smoke. I thought it was my brain working really hard at the game, but, alas, it was the chicken! I opened the grill to see blackened, charred drumsticks and quickly turned off the grill flame. Only to realize the flames were still shooting high! Yikes. Mr MIP noticed the calamity (as he is wont to do – can’t he walk in when I’m, like, totally succeeding at something??). I then realized the pan that collects the grease under the flame and grate had started on fire. We grabbed the baking soda and dumped it on the fire and all was well.
Well, except for the chicken. We had mac and cheese with cut up hot dogs. Soooo gourmet.