Okay, it’s ready to go public. My goal list for 2008 with a couple caveats:
Caveat #1: I wouldn’t include “spiritual” goals in a goofy blog like this. I think it’s my own business, but I also think it’s important to have spiritual goals. So that being said,
Caveat #2: One thing I have learned in my old age is that you can never plan for what is coming your way. So goals never trump “real” life.
Goal List 2008
1. I’ve always wanted to make the following foods, and I figure now is as good a time as any: cheesecake, creme brulee, anything using frozen pastry sheets. (I’ll probably think of more later!)
2. Read through and make all the recipes in Alton Brown’s awesome book I’m Just Here For the Food. (Except I get to skip the eggplant.)
3. Run a half-marathon in May.
4. Still pursuing the idea of running the full marathon in October.
5. Read 5 books in the Carpe Libra 500 list. David Copperfield is the one I’m working on now… I’ve been reading it for ten months.
6. Learn to play George Winston’s New Hope Blues at the tempo he plays it (I’m at about 75%). This is going to freak a few of you out… but it’s a song that goes way too fast for even me! 🙂
7. Make plans for at least 8 Field Trips with Children. (Using the 30 Things to Do in Chicagoland list or Jeff’s List of 25 Things to do in the Northwoods.)
8. Try out 10 New Restaurants.
9. Read 75 books.
10. Be 76% smart at Jeopardy calendar. 🙂