Here’s the update on my goal list:
1. Make one new recipe a month. This has to be a food/recipe I’ve never made before.
– January: Chicken Cordon Bleu (link to post)
–February: Wheat Crackers (yuck)
2. Knit a scarf. (I have never understood knitting and have never been able to figure it out!)
I’m trying! (Link to post)
3. Work on completing the kids’ lists of things they want to do. You can find them here.
4. Complete five more items from the 30 Things to Do in Chicagoland.
5. Read more than 80 books. I have to beat this year’s record. You can see 2008’s list here.
I’m up to book number 13. Read this year’s list here.
6. Hit at least 70% smart on the Jeopardy calendar.
7. If I say to someone “We should…” I have to follow through on it.
8. Stop blushing when the Blockbuster man yells out the title of the movies I’m renting. They’re not even embarrassing. Why am I embarrassed? “OKAY, THAT’S IRON MAN and DORA THE EXPLORER MEETS THE PRINCESS.” *blush*
I successfully rented Batman Begins and Madagascar 2 without blushing! You wouldn’t know what a huge accomplishment was, unless you knew this guy. He’s strange and loud!
9. Continue working out at least five times a week.
Trying. Huff… huff… puff…puff.
10. Visit six new restaurants.
Onesti’s in St Charles. This restaurant is in a church and used to be called something like The Old Church Inn – I remember going there years ago. Anyway, now it’s changed ownership and is a good American fare place to eat.
11. Do monthlong challenges. (I’ll list these later and explain.)
January: No new clothes! I bought no new clothes for 45 days. This actually got me to look at what I already had in my closet (yes, I actually wore two shirts that had still had the tags on them in the closet. Sad.) But on the 46th day, oooh, what fun I had!
February: Don’t get sick! This was a goal I wanted to accomplish and I took loads and loads of Vitamin C to ward off illness. This is probably the first time in my ENTIRE life that I didn’t get sick in February!!
March: Can’t tell you yet, but I’m working on it!
12. Run a 5K in 30 minutes or less.
13. Attend a pro sports event I’ve never been to. (Any help with this? I’ve been to hockey, baseball, basketball…)