I have my goals pretty well written out. I decided not to list them here, because it’s kinda creepy to list them in public. BUT! I came up with some goals and things to do that I wanted to list on the blog and keep track of on here.
1. Make one new recipe a month. This has to be a food/recipe I’ve never made before.
-February: Wheat Crackers (yuck)
2. Knit a scarf. (I have never understood knitting and have never been able to figure it out!)
3. Work on completing the kids’ lists of things they want to do. You can find them here.
4. Complete five more items from the 30 Things to Do in Chicagoland.
5. Read more than 80 books. I have to beat this year’s record. You can see 2008’s list here.
6. Hit at least 70% smart on the Jeopardy calendar.
7. If I say to someone “We should…” I have to follow through on it.
8. Stop blushing when the Blockbuster man yells out the title of the movies I’m renting. They’re not even embarrassing. Why am I embarrassed? “OKAY, THAT’S IRON MAN and DORA THE EXPLORER MEETS THE PRINCESS.” *blush*
9. Continue working out at least five times a week.
10. Visit six new restaurants.
11. Do monthlong challenges. (I’ll list these later and explain.)
January: No new clothes!
February: Don’t get sick!
12. Run a 5K in 30 minutes or less.
13. Attend a pro sports event I’ve never been to. (Any help with this? I’ve been to hockey, baseball, basketball…)
That’s it! I also have this overwhelming one that goes something like this: Give more and be nicer and have patience and don’t yell and follow through with people that are on my mind and be consistent in reaching out and do at least ten things I’m scared of doing and never get mad at my kids…
Yeah, that’s why I didn’t list that one. Happy New Year!!