Okay – here’s how I got back on the treadmill today:
1. I watched a taped episode of “Fat March” last night. A friend had told me about this show and while I question the title of it (Is that really appropriate?), I was motivated by the people who were walking every day and making better choices for themselves.
2. I got a motivational speech by Mr MIP which was kind and thoughtful and very nice of him.
3. Then I got a motivational speech from my Brother Jeff, which – in its own way – was just as kind and thoughtful and just the kick in the rear I needed.
4. I was reminded to keep a goal in mind and aim toward that instead of looking for daily results. My goal is the 5K on September 30… I need to keep that in mind and work toward that.
5. The first song playing on my iPod when I got on the treadmill this morning was “Eye of the Tiger!” You know,
straight to the top
had the guts got the glory
went the distance now I’m not gonna stop
just a man and his will to survive
It’s the eye of the tiger
its the cream of the fight
risin up to the challenge of our rivals
and the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
and he’s watching us all with the eye of the tiger
Woo-Hoo! Bring it on!