The kids and I returned from Pennsylvania and by Friday I was ready to escape again! This time it was Mr MIP and me and 2/3 of our friends. (We have three friends.) It was Mr MIP’s and 1/3 of our friend’s birthdays and it was also peak color season in Door County…what other excuse could you need to take a little road trip?
Here are some of my favorite things about Our Road Trip:
1. Nobody called me the following: Mom, Mommy, MOMMMMMM, Oh, Mom, Mommmmmy!, Mom-What’s-For-Dinner? (If they had, it would have been a bit…um, awkward?)
2. We ate. We ate Walleye. Bagels. Lemon Chicken. Ribs. Cherry Pie. Cherry Scone. Chicken Parmesan. Eggs, bacon and hash browns. Chips Ahoy. Grilled Pizza. Fried Cheese Curds. Food. More food.
A cheese curd alien!
3. 2/3 of our friends didn’t know my third spiritual gift (after Teaching and Being Funnier Than My Brother) is making Road Trip Mix CD’s. Oh, yeah, baby.
4. Learning people’s timelines. Isn’t it cool that we all have a story?
5. Taking pictures of every bloomin’ thing under the sun. That’s what happens when you travel with me AND Mr MIP. You can’t ever relax. Cuz you never know.