Here are my Ten Reasons I’ve Used for Quitting a Workout Early at the gym. Feel free to add reasons you’ve used so I can add more options to my arsenal.
1. The lady next to me is humming and singing along with her iPod and I can hear it through my earphones! She’s hunched over. Slowly pushing on that elliptical, singing every fifth word out loud, humming the rest. AAAAAAAHHHHH. I really want to slap her.
3. The man next to me is reading the Wall Street Journal on the elliptical. Which is totally irritating because in order to do this, he has to hunch himself over and he’s really not working that hard. So I quit, because I’m annoyed at his level of exertion. (Yes, I understand the irony in this.)
4. I can see SuperBoy smooshing his face on the glass of the big gym where the kids are playing.
5. Fifty-five minutes of working out is almost exactly one hour of working out.
6. Wow. She’s fast. I’m not. I quit.
7. Everybody Loves Raymond is done and now there’s nothing good on the tv.
8. Vanity, vanity, all is vanity. (See Ecclesiastes.)
9. Wow. Didn’t know I had that muscle. Ouch.
10. I’m _______. Fill in the blank with: hungry, thirsty, tired, sweaty, cold, lonely, cute enough already (JOKE alert), bored…