The kids are at Camp Grandpa and Grandma’s house for a couple days while we work on a flooring and painting project at ye ol’ homestead. And since the kids are with me 24 hours a day on most days, I always have this immense sense of FREEDOM when they leave. (Yes, I love them. It’s just good to have a break!)
Things I enjoyed doing on my day of freedom (besides starting to paint the walls):
1. I always turn on talk radio as soon as they leave. Don’t exactly know why, but I do.
2. Go to a bookstore. I bought some good books yesterday. Already enjoying the first, “McCarthy’s Pub.”
3. Go to the post office. You can’t even imagine how much easier the post office is without kids with you.
4. Workout at 6 pm at night. I went to the weightroom with Mr MIP last night. Oh dear. I so do not belong there, but it was actually kinda fun. You have to get over the embarrassment of using the 10 pound weights next to some big ol’ dude using the 75’s.
5. Eating out (a healthy meal) at 8 o’clock at night. Take your time. Don’t worry about who’s in bed and who’s not.
6. Watch Lost and Top Chef and stay up until midnight. (Oh wait, I do that anyway!)
And my all-time favorite: Go to the bathroom and take a shower without someone asking me something through the door or yelling at me, MOM! She took my _______.
What do you do on days you suddenly have freedom with no work or meetings or responsibilities?