As I contemplated my goals for this year, I kept coming back to one word: Creative. And that’s how my Word of the Year was born. I want to focus on that word and use it in a variety of different ways how creative! to accomplish
1 – what NEEDS to be done
2 – what I WANT to be done
3 – what is FORCED UPON me to be done (grrr…)
4 – and what I DESIRE to do.
After last year – a totally Lame Year – I needed to find some inspiration in my life. And the word CREATIVE is helping push me in the right direction. It’s so easy to get into a rut and my personality is one that hates to be stuck in the muddy rut of daily life. Bringing in the CREATIVE is just to liven up the day to day. I’ll be interested to see how the word inspires, motivates and maybe even provides a few surprises.
How I will apply the word:
I need to be CREATIVE in what I read and learn this year.
- -My goal is to read 75 books and make sure I have business, learning, fiction and non-fiction all in there.
I need to be CREATIVE in motivating my kids in our homeschooling.
- -My goal is to take 5 field trips specifically for learning/experiencing.
- -My goal is to get them through 5th/3rd/1st grade!
- -My goal is to do science or history projects with them at least once a week.
-My goal is to help them be organized in their goal keeping. The girls want to read 200 books each. I need help them stick with a record of that.
I need to be CREATIVE in my dealing with money as the Co-CFO and bill payer of the family.
- -My goal is to feed my family of five (plus a couple other visitors) for $100 a week.
- -My goal is to take the time to search for the best deals I can.
- -My goal is to tackle some goals we have financially that are none of your business.
I need to be CREATIVE in seeking out time for hobbies and interests.
- -My goal is to keep cooking up a storm. (1 recipe out of each cookbook I own!) Build another garden. (Gardening catalogs have already arrived!) Keep freezer cooking with my sis-in-law (if I can keep convincing her). Spend some time doing crafts.
- -My goal is to stay motivated with working out. Pursue ways to keep learning on what works and what I enjoy doing.
I need to be CREATIVE in how I reach out to others in showing hospitality, or encouraging, or in ministering.
My goal with the blog is to discuss what I’ve been doing to pursue the CREATIVE!
And, just in case you think CREATIVE is a hoity toity word, my definition is pretty broad. I.E. I was proud of how CREATIVE my kids were in this little creation: